Resolving Camera & Base Station Offline Issue via Arlo Customer Support Number
Arlo cameras are among suitable home surveillance security equipment. If you choose them to safeguard your home premises, then no doubt it will be the best option for you to choose for. These cameras do not come alone-Various supporting accessories come along with them too in order to make them work smoothly. The base station is very important arlo camera accessory. It is a device that is used for connecting wire-free cameras to the Internet via a home router. If you want to fix the camera & base station offline issues, then you’re in right place. Arlo Customer Support Number provides a better way to get reasonable information related to the camera, its base station & other accessories.
Well! Let’s discuss some features advantages of arlo base station.
- It provides connectivity for a long time.
- Offers best battery life to the camera
- It features USB local storage
- Provides smart siren & options to upgrade
In case your Alro camera is offline, you switch to the new router or do some measurable changes to your Internet network, then follow instructions as discussed below:
- Option 1: If you’re using arlo base station, press & release sync button on the base station.
- Option 2: If you’ve arlo pro base station, then you will find press & release the synchronization button at the top of the base station.
Close & open camera battery door & give notice to camera LED at the time door is closed.
You Will Get The Following Options( Troubleshoot Camera Offline Issue):
There is no light in LED– In this condition, check & verify whether batteries are installed in the correct orientation. Also, check again for confirmation that batteries are not dead completely.
The blue color LED blinks very fastly– It means that the camera is synced to the base station.
When blue color led blinks single time– In this condition, resynchronize camera to the base station.
Aber color LED blinks– Replace batteries.
Steps to Troubleshoot Base Station Offline Issue:
Follow below mention steps for troubleshooting:
- You should check out the Internet Cable
- At first check the power adapter
- Try to attempt to interface with the internet from another gadget that is added to your router.
- Power cycle the base station.
- Check DHCP settings & client list of the router.
- Be sure that ports 43 & 80 are open to the router.
- Try a factory reset.
A base station is quite an important accessory to use as a source for connecting arlo cameras to the wireless network. Therefore, it is very important that your arlo base station work uninterruptedly if you want your arlo camera work properly. Hope, this blog is helpful for you to determine the base station & camera offline issues. For any query of confusion, you can get a better solution from experts at Arlo Support Number. We will offer you kind support in the least time as per best of your convenience.