Arlo camera works wire-free and powered by a battery. The camera utilizes a WiFi link for streaming videos to the Arlo account. The main objective of introducing it is to maintain the highest security level in order to secure and keep videos private in the cloud. The TLS (Transport Layer Security) and AES-128 bit encryption ensure that all the videos are secured to & from the camera and base station. If you’ve purchased it, then you need to learn how to set it up. So, download Arlo application from Play Store and install it to create Arlo Netgear login account and use Arlo signin. Follow the below steps to create an account on Arlo:
- Enter your Email Id. Your email Id acts as an Arlo Netgear Login Id.
- Create a strong password of symbols, numbers, and uppercase & lowercase alphabets.
- After that, verify if asked.
- Then, your account is successfully created which you can conveniently sign in & then configure with cameras whenever you want.
- You also have an alternative to registering the Arlo account via arlo.netgear.com website.
Before using it, you need to complete the process of Arlo Base Station Setup.
- Firstly, connect the Ethernet cord to the base station and then wait for an internet connection.
- When the internet is connected, the base station lights will blow up.
- Take Arlo cameras and keep 4 batteries of lithium-ion in each of them.
Batteries come with products and they are rechargeable. A single charge can power up to 4-5 months to those batteries. You will find buttons on every camera and the base station after the batteries are loaded. These buttons will help you to sync the cameras and the Arlo base system. Press the buttons and then wait to sync. Lights will start blinking on the base station and will blink continuously to show you that the process of syncing is taking place. When the lights stopped blinking, this means the cameras & base station are synced. After that, mount cameras into the mounting brackets. Make sure to fix brackets firmly on the wall for preventing falling of brackets and cameras after fitting. You can also place the cameras somewhere and they will start working. So, there’s no necessity to fix them on walls. With this, the entire process of Arlo base station setup is complete.
After Arlo New System Setup:
- Go to the Arlo application.
- Sign in through Arlo Netgear Login Id for configuring cameras.
There are different working modes of a camera-based on what to do & when to do it. But, they have two default modes i.e. armed mode and unarmed mode.
Cameras activate motion sensing mode in the armed mode. So, they detect movements signs in front of them when they are in-active mode. They activate themselves and start video recordings whenever they detect any movement. Depends upon the settings configuration, the recorded footage length can be done for up to 120 seconds. The base station will send an email or forward a push notification to the phone as per your Arlo Camera settings. Then, they will send the captured footage to notify you about the intrusion. To check out the potential intruders to the office or home area, go to Arlo sign in portable to access your account.
After selecting the armed or unarmed mode, select the camera whose settings you want to configure.
- Choose an option to make a selection on the way you would like to activate the camera. Then, you have an option to change Arlo sensitivity settings.
- Select the sensitivity level of cameras that you would like to have them.
- Get an option to choose video recording length after cameras Arlo motion detection settings are done. This can range between 10 seconds to 120 seconds of video recording.
Apart from all of this, you have an option to choose how you want to get alerts to be sent to you via email or on the phone. So, the whole process of Arlo security camera and Arlo base station setup is completed now.
Also, you have the flexibility to add a friend to the Arlo account in very few steps:
- To do this, login Arlo account via my.arlo.com or launch the Arlo application.
- Click on Settings.
- Tap or click Grant Access under Account.
- Tap or click Add.
- Enter your first & last name and email address of your friend that you want to add your Arlo account.
- Click the cameras to allow your friend to access them or make your friend able to access them.
- Tap or click Send Invite. Then, an email message is sent to invite your friend for creating an Arlo account. The status of your friend’s name is displayed pending. The status is changed to Accepted after your friend accepts the invitation.
Get the support of experienced professionals if you’ve difficulty in Arlo Sign In or using any of its features.